Monday, November 19, 2007

GIVE ME THAT...

Boy you can bet this sucks. You want something, you deserve it and don't get it. Man is that a heartbreaker.

So you can still hope. You can still dream. But above all you still want it, whatever it is and you can be sure you are going to keep thinking about it.

That is the part that crack me up. When somebody wants to pretend they don't want something.

Like that is going to help to pretend. But it don't keep the person from saying it even if they don't mean it.

It is like with my buddy Otis. Oh man talk about being silly. There are times when he will sit down and act like he really doesn't need Spam.

Even though he needs it as much as I need jelly beans. Oh yeah you can be sure he's totally addicted to it.

But for some reason there are times when he wants to act like it isn't true. So he will let the Spam sit there and just look at it as if he can live with it.

So I will play his game. Now I'm not a big fan of Spam, but I will eat it at times. So while he sits there, I open it up and start eating it.

Now the big trick to this part is making sure that I act like I'm really enjoying it. Then he can you know really go crazy when I'm making yummy sounds.

But that is all the fun. I just kind of keep waiting to see how long it is going to take before he cracks.

So far he has managed about five minutes on a good day. Which is a lot when you have beads of sweat forming on your forehead.

In the end he really gives him and gobbles down the Spam. Never admits it is his addiction though.

But that's okay. I just smile because I know next time he will give me some slack on the whole jelly bean thing.

So I do enjoy when this happens. Sort of makes life easier for both of us. And there are times when that gives me reason to smile.

Such are the little things we both savor so much. Not sure why, but it does give a smile. Lasting till the next time when he sort of gets in the mood pretend again. Always ends up the same though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home