Saturday, October 27, 2007

RINGY DINGY

Let me tell you there are times when the phone ringing can sure make me dingy. Honestly, it is amazing how you can be so happy just sleepy and thinking cool dreams and the stupid phone ringing can totally ruin your night.

Now we do have an answer machine and it does work, but it doesn't keep the phone from ringing. Just gives people a chance to leave a message so we can call them back later.

Which is fine if I could figure a way to keep the dang phone from still ringing. And that is something I haven't been able to do.

Course I can unplug the stupid phone. And I would if Otis didn't throw a fit. Honestly, let me tell you that this is not option.

I wish it was, but Otis just has this silly idea that if we let the phone be unplug some really important call will come in and we will somehow miss it. I think he is being weird myself.

I just can't imagine anybody calling us in the middle of the night just to offer us some good deal. And even if they did I figure it could wait till morning.

Personally, I think he's just being a bit silly. I mean I understand with him that is a big deal because he's got some weird Spam connection with a place in a different time zone.

Still that doesn't mean he should get sappy about this deal in my book. But you don't tell a guy with an addiction for Spam he can't have them call with shipping info from their 24 hour help line.

Anyway, I don't bother any longer trying to convince him it might be a good idea to just get his Spam fix at the store. So that sort of messes up the option of not using the unplugging phone option.

I do have to admit that I have try to occasionally get creative on the phone thing. Like you know turning down the ringer a bit. But Otis always seems to get some reason to check that part.

As for me, well I'm not giving up on this whole thing of figuring a way to turn the phone off. Next month I'm thinking of seeing if I can make sure the payment for the phone bill gets lost.

I'm not going to say it is going to work. But I am still hoping it will buy me some time. I just wish Otis wasn't so dang smart.

He can be real sneaky about figuring out how you can do stuff like that. And so I do have to get kind of creative and that can be hard with him always freaking out in that regard. But I keep trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home