Friday, July 13, 2007

ENDS

Boy I am sure thrilled to get to the end of this thing. Just feel so good to be finished with something. Which I guess is the best part of, you know, when you reach the end. You know you are done.

Which is probably why it is the end. And let me tell you there is nothing that sucks more than not being sure when you reach the end of something.

You would think this happens, but I think there is something totally weird when this applies to freeways. Believe end just gets stuck in some time warp in such situations.

I ain't saying this because I'm just making it up either. Nope, this is something I have seen happen.

I'll be in the truck with Otis and we are zooming down the freeway. No problem till we get to the place where I ask him how much farther and he says something like ten minutes.

Then I wait the ten minutes and guess what we still aren't there. And if I ask again, he says it is another ten minutes.

I'm telling you this is really strange to me. I mean it is like we aren't moving. Which I know we are.

So the only thing I can assume is that we are trapped in one of those strange places where they mention about time standing still. I just wish Otis would give me more warning on stuff like that.

Honestly, if we are really stuck then I figure he shouldn't be making it sound like the end is right then. Really does bug me at times.

Oh well I guess I should spend more time paying attention and trusting the dude who stands on the corner with the sign that reads, "The end is coming." I reckon he must know something the rest of us don't.

Don't know though. Seen him out there a lot and so far he just stays in the same place. More like he's asking for direction.

Otis says the guy needs help. So I'll take his word for that. I might not for lots of other things though.

Like how long it takes to get from one point to another. Not going to fall for that ten minute thing again.

Although I sure wouldn't care to have to find out any other way I suppose either. I tell you sun dial are no help in that regards. I dial one once and the sun never did answer.

Thought for the week: "Could you use a pick nick basket in basketball? You wouldn't have to worry as much about the ball slipping through that hole and could maybe let the dude get a sandwich when he make a basket."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home