Friday, June 01, 2007

CLAY AND BOOMERANGS

Okay, let me get right to it. I wish you could make your own boomerangs and do so out of clay. You know that way you could shape them in any form you wanted. And when those suckers got really hard, man that would even be better.

Then you could really do some damage with them. Only so far I haven't found any decent clay to mold into a boomerang.

See, I took the clay and figured I could make the coolest boomerangs ever. Shoot those things are the best.

You know you sit there and toss them, get to clobber somebody big time and then have it come back so you can do it again. And you can be far enough away so its safe to throw without them being able to hit you back. Now that is great.

So I figured you know, I would like take time to make this super special boomerang. Shoot, I even went so far as to add some wings and feathers with that clay.

When I got done, man was it a beauty too. And I didn't make it small either. It was about five feet long. Boy was I sure proud of it.

But you know I tried to throw it and something went wrong. I just dropped to the ground and didn't fly at all. I was sure disappointed.

I figured the problem was with the clay. I mind it just seemed to me that it was obvious that something was wrong with it.

So I went out and got some different kind. And let me tell you this time I was really extra careful.

Heck I even painted it and made it look so cool. We're talking about a work of art. Well I won't say the kind that Otis said it was, but it was sure a piece of art to me.

But you know what? That stupid clay didn't work with it either. Boy did I feel cheated. It was so pathetic.

Here I was, lifting it up so great with both my hands and getting ready to toss it out and hope it came back and all it did was hit the ground. Didn't fly anywhere.

But then you know I just figure I got some lousy clay that is all. I figured I got to get some of that clay they use to make those clay pigeons. Yeah, I bet it would really work great.

And I even called up one of those skeet places to check on the clay. You know I explained it all. Only I must have gotten a bad connection. They kept hanging up. But I'm going to try again. Maybe I'll go by and check it out in person. I wonder what kind of animal a skeet is anyway? Hope those skeet don't try shooting me though. That could hurt.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "Chore and bore happen to rhyme. Only I don't think it is an accident."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home