Tuesday, May 29, 2007

DUH ME AGAIN

How come so many people are so good at telling you junk you either don't need to know or already know? I mean obvious crap that you figure out for yourself, but you just never truly have a reason to think about because it is something everyone seems to know.

Now I suppose it is helpful to be told some junk that somebody thinks you don't know, but otherwise it can just be annoying at times to be bored over it. Only try to get some dude who thinks he is a genius accept that part?

You just can't get some people to appreciate how they aren't always the expert on things that they thing they should be. And if you make the mistake of mentioning it then you can be sure it will only make things worse.

And so you get stuck tolerating some crap that just begs to be replied to with duh? I didn't say you enjoyed when they made you have to feel that way either.

There is just something really annoying with such people who think you they know everything and you are too stupid to see stuff for yourself. But you can be sure they will do that all the time.

Meanwhile, I do my best to avoid them if I can, which is never easy. Because there are times when you have no choice to let them sit there and ramble on till you know for sure they will feel they have told you stuff you don't know, even if you honestly do.

I wish I had a better solution to this problem, but I don't. Well not one that I won't get into trouble for trying.

I mean there is that simple solution, the one where you sit down and smile and then when you have the chance you just whack them on the head with your back. That normally works great for taking care of the problem.

Only Otis won't let me exercise that option. Believe me I have tried, but he just refuses to be cooperative on that part.

So what I have to do is exercise my 'oh look at that' kind of duh. That's when I figure some way to distract him and get him out of the room.

Then when he is gone, whammo. Ah, it is just something that feels do dang good at times. Well, to me, not to the other dude. But is sure cuts down on the duh problems at times.

Only never permanently unfortunately. I honestly wish it did. But there are just too many folks out there with that problem.

Lucky for me I got more than one bat. It really takes care of the problem and makes life easier when you got a spare bat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home