Thursday, July 06, 2006

WAVE AND CRAVE

I’ve been giving this waving business some thought lately. I got to ask, what is the deal with that? I mean what purpose does it really serve? I sure would like to answer that one.

Normally you would figure that we would be doing the wave thing to somebody we know. Sort of a wave of saying hi to a pal. Only how come you see people riding on floats in a parade do all that stupid waving? Do they honesty expect me to believe they know everyone who is in the crowd watching the parade? I don’t think so.

There was a time when I figured that perhaps this waving thing had to do with making sure you deodorant worked correctly. But then some people don’t raise their arms when waving so I figured that probably wasn’t the case after all.

Now you might ask what a wave has to do with a crave or craving? Well I guess that depends on why you are waving. I mean I figure having a craving for something ought to be a cool reason to wave. You know you could sit there and wave to get somebody’s attention who was serving whatever and have them fetch you some of the same.

Only problem is with some people if you start waving at them and they aren’t sure why they can get all bent out of shape. Why there was this one time when I was waving at this waitress to get her attention and she ran over and told this big dude and the next thing I knew he was coming over to try and rip off my arms.

That didn’t exactly end with us being the best of friends. It wasn’t tell later though that my buddy Otis told me that apparently without realizing it I ended up instead of waving my whole hand, just waving my middle finger. I had this cramp in my hand and fingers and I guess didn’t realize I had messed up that way.

And there I was just innocently trying to wave because I had this craving from something good to eat and almost ended up being beat to a pulp. Well you can’t always get what you want I guess. I know I had to go elsewhere to help with that craving. Only then I just told them what I wanted without any waving.

So hopefully when we are all done with this I can help somebody else along the way and manage to make sure they are extra careful with the waving thing when having a craving. If I keep one person from risking being beat to a pulp for having a sticky middle finger while waving then I will feel I was successful along the way.

The other rule perhaps being to be sure you keep your cravings in place where maybe you don’t do have them when you are waving. It doesn’t hurt to be careful in that regard.

I know I learned my lesson. At least I hope so. I just make sure I eat extra everything to avoid the need for craving in the first place. As for the wave part. Well, I’m still working on that part I guess. Hard to say when it will be taken care off. Hopefully befoe I have another craving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home