Saturday, July 01, 2006

JUST BUSINESS

I hear this in movie where some bad guy says it just before he ends up giving some guy a lead sandwich. He always says something like, “nothing personally, just business.” So what is the deal? I mean if you are going to blast some dude regardless of the reason it sure sounds pretty darn personal to me. And if it isn’t personal how much worse would it be if you were treating it as personal.

Plus what the heck kind of business is it where you run around putting holes in people where they don’t need holes or even want them? I tell you there are sure some strange dudes out there with weird ideas of what is business and what is personal.

Now as a grimefighter I do have occasion when I have to tangle with some bad guys. But I can sure tell you one thing I have never ever sat down before bashing them with my bat and said, “nothing personal, just business.”

Anyway I guess that works in the movies I suppose. I think that is the only place. And I don’t think it would work in any business I’ve been in.

Shoot if you were to walk into any store that I know of and stick a gun in his face I don’t think the store owner would treat it as just business. And neither would the cops as far as I can tell. Heck, if they did think it was just business then they might treat when they pull their cannons out and blast you as business too.

Only I reckon for a policeman that really is business ain’t it? Funny I guess I never really gave that much thought before, but yeah for the police who have to take care of bad guys I reckon it has to be mainly business.

Oh I suppose in a way it is also personal. I mean I could hardy blame them for deciding to feel good when they blasted some jerk who was doing bad junk. I know I wouldn’t.

But since most of us aren’t cops I imagine we don’t get the same chance to give this quite as much thought in that regard huh? Which is probably a good thing.

After all it would be kind of scary if everyone you dealt with had this thing about blasting people being a business thing. That could get real confusing if you ask me.

I could just imagine how that would work. You go into some store and buy whatever and then instead of the clerk giving you some change he pulls out a gun and BAM!

That sure would keep me from wanting to shop at that store again. And that would definitely not be just business as far as I’m concern.

In any case, as far as I’m concerned there sure wouldn’t be a reason to even see the clerk holding a gun in any store unless it was one that sold guns. Then it would be okay as long as they didn’t decide to demonstrate how it worked by using you for target practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home