Sunday, July 02, 2006

BEING THE BEST

Is there anything cooler than this? I love the idea of being able to claim to be the best of something. The problem is actually being the best. That can be a real draw back to claiming it.

Providing you want to claim the best when you are really the best and are not just making it up. I know people who do that. They always say that they are the best at something only it generally ends up being something that you can’t prove. You know you got no way to know since there isn’t a contest or championship for such stuff.

What do you say to a dude who says he is the best at dumping trash cans? I haven’t quite got that part figured out. It comes up a lot over at STINK since we do naturally work as garbage men besides being super heroes. And I don’t know why, but the guys sure love to make a big deal over this.

You should hear them sitting around and bragging how they pick up a trash can better than anyone else. Man it gets so dang ridiculous at times.

My buddy Otis and I just sit there and shake our heads when they get into claiming that. How on earth do you ever prove something in that regard? That doesn’t seem to matter to them though.

So we just sit back and them ramble like it really matters. I think I would consider it as important if they actually you know got something for claiming it. Like a crown or a medal or even a trophy.

But it isn’t like there is any reward. Still that doesn’t matter. They will be sitting there and flapping their beaks and bragging how few seconds it took to dump a can. If that wasn’t enough then they also get all jazzed about telling you how heavy the can was. Yeah, like that is going to be something they can prove either.

Anyway, my buddy Otis and I just sit back and let them make a fool of themselves. They just enjoy talking and we enjoy sitting and enjoying our drinks and whatever munchies they have that day in the lunchroom.

Later he and I will be off on our trash route or whatever and have a good laugh about it. Yep, we love it and sitting around talking about how stupid it is.

Then we get all happy about knowing how unlike those guys we only know we are the best at stuff that really counts. Things like eating jelly beans. Oh I know that some people might question me being able to claim that, but to be honest I don’t even care. Because when my tummy is full of jelly beans that last thing I worry about is whether it has more in it that somebody else.

It just goes to show that there are some kinds of things that are best for which you can feel them more than talk about them. And that kind of best never loses its flavor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home