Monday, July 10, 2006

REALITY PLUCKS

Now I've it said how reality sucks. Meaning there are times when it is a pain in the butt. And no matter how you try to dodge the facts they don't go away, the little gremlins.

But there are ways you can manage to find a smile despite the disruptions of the facts. Little options we all have that can make life a little easier.

I consider that a method of enjoying life when you might otherwise get depressed. It really is a good option to being grumpy.

I learn this choice from my buddy Otis. He is so cool at coming up with ways to make crummy stuff like reality seem so much better.

It is like when I feel my life isn't that great. Oh I do love being a grimefighting super hero and being a garbage man is fun too at times. But, I don't know, there are times when you just don't seem to do that good at having other people appreciate our efforts.

That's when I start reflecting, not in the mirror, but in my head, on just how super great it is to b a super hero. Unfortunately, that can be kind of depressing when I start thinking of how nobody seems to care or ever say thank you.

Which is when my buddy sort of fixes things by plucking a new reality out of thin air or wherever he gets it from. It often helps a lot too.

Like with the grimefighter thing he'll mention how so many people are as appreciative because they secretly are jealous of our jobs. They really wish they could be super heroes too.

So when we bust into the wrong place and beat up the wrong person by accident when people get all bent out of shape they are just saying how they secretly wish they had been doing the clobbering. That is why they get so mad and sometimes honestly get kind of carried away with their act of being upset instead of jealous.

As for my buddy and I, heck after he gets through helping to pluck reality from wherever he plucks it I feel a lot better. And we keep hanging in there and enjoying stuff.

And as they say, you got to take the good with the bad. That means I guess I also got to allow for those times he plucks reality out of whatever when it comes to stuff like snacks.

That is when he sits down with cookies on his breath and their crumbs on his face and tells me how a group of cookie thieves broke into the house and stole all those cookies we had. Yeah, I pretty much figure that is one of those reality plucks that isn't necessarily all that real. But it is okay, I just keep remembering the cool times when he made me feel better. That is my own version of reality plucks and it has worked pretty good, except when Otis eats all the cookies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home