Saturday, July 08, 2006

ON THE SURFACE

I figure this has to do with submarines in some way. That because somewhere in those submarine type war movies they get around to mentioning surfacing or on the surface in some way.

Which is okay by me I guess. Only I never knew there were as many preoccupied with submarines as apparently there are.

Take my buddy, Otis. He will bring up this on the surface thing from time to time. That is okay only I’m not sure how submarines figure into what he is talking about.

We’ll be sitting there at STINK where we work for example and talking about some new policy or chore we got to do. Then I’ll make a comment about how that policy or chore seems to be silly or strange.

That is when he’ll toss in that on the surface it might seem that way. Hey, we don’t even live near the beach, let alone go around any submarines, so I got no idea how a silly policy at STINK could figure into being on some boat that goes underwater.

Personally, I think it is just a case of Otis getting to hung up on the subject of submarines. Why he has such a hang up about them that he even insists upon getting sandwiches shaped like them, which is why I figure they name them after one.

In a way I don’t mind that part since those taste pretty good at times. I just don’t think those sandwiches would do good being used like a submarine even if they look like them. The bread would get all soggy if you placed them on the surface of any water.

And I don’t they would float either. So perhaps the main reason they call them that besides how they look is that if you eat enough of them at one time you really have a full stomach in a way that kind of gives you a sinking feeling. At least it does for me, maybe not anyone else.

However, I can live with that though. I mean there is nothing better than to sit there on a certain day when you are real hungry and gobble down a whole fleet of them suckers. With a few gallons of root beer, ten or twelve bags of chips and a few dozen cookies for dessert.

I did try to make it feel more like it was involved with a submarine by shouting “dive, dive” a few times. Didn’t really work though. The people in the sandwich kind of gave us some strange looks when I did it.

But that’s okay I guess. We just go in an order our sandwiches to go these days. That was sort of the people who work there idea. They made it right after I wanted to know how long their sandwiches would float on the surface of whatever.

Guess they like to keep such info a secret. I suppose that is okay as long as they keep selling the sandwiches without letting them get soggy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home