Tuesday, June 13, 2006

POPCORN, PEANUTS AND CLAPPER SNACKS

Now this is one of those subjects that I really regard as important more than usual subjects. I’m speaking of the kind of stuff you need when watching a real cool movie. And it is real critical that if you pick out stuff like popcorn you figure a way to hold it that won’t keep you from being able to clap when you need to.

They do that in some movies you know so you got to tell them they are as cool as they think they are. I mean them movie dudes can be kind of sensitive so you really have to work hard showing them they are okay otherwise they get all depressed and who knows what kind of lame thing they would do at that point.

Anyway, I’ve been working on improving my clapper snacks. I find small boxes like candy come in work great if you can stick them in your pocket. Peanuts can be cool too at times. Only with them the tricky part is making sure you get the kind that doesn’t come in shells. And if they are chocolate covered that is even better.

I’ve never quite figured out how come if they can grow some so they are chocolate flavored and others without shells they ever bother with the ones with shells. I guess some people must like the mess of shells for some reason. But not me.

Popcorn is generally okay too. Providing you get in a big bucket you can sit on your lap during the applause time. But you do have to be careful about using too much butter. If your hands get too greasy they don’t clap very good.

Of course nothing works better in my book that a nice big bag of jelly beans. Yeah, you’ll probably complain about that, but you can sit them in your lap and keep your hands free for whatever.

Oh yeah, we can’t forgot about pop. I mean it is just awful to get a bunch of snacks and not have a decent about of pop. But trying to balance a drink and bag of whatever can be tough at times.

That is why I like going to those movies that have them holder next to your chair. They work great as a place to hold a bag and two if there is nobody sitting next to you on one side.

It is too bad you can put your drink cup in them. But some wise guy decided to put a hole in the bottom of that holder. And if by some chance your drink cup ends up having a leak, if you were to put in that holder it could really get messy.

Oh well maybe one of these days I’ll get those darn folks over at the theater straighten out on such things. But they seem kind of slow in that regard.

I guess whoever said there is no business like show business never visited my theater. I can think of a lot business that are like that theater. Well in terms of having weird dudes working for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home