Wednesday, March 22, 2006

TALL TALES, SMALL FRIES

If there is one thing that I can’t resist when my buddy Otis and I go out to a fast food place it is talking while eating French Fries. When you are gobbling down a burger it sort of fills up your mouth, so you can necessarily do a lot of talking.



But with fries they are just small enough to fit into your mouth and leave room for your tongue to keep moving. So I enjoy saving a few of them after I eat my first, second or even third burger. Of course to do that right, I have to often order more than one order of fries. Otis is cool about it though. He likes talking then too.



I will admit that figuring out just the right amount of fries to order with our burgers does get a little tricky. Sometimes we just manage to guess at it. The main rule is when it doubt order even more than the last time.



It does get us some weird stare at the burger place though. I mean nowhere on their menu does it have as an option, “blabbing size.” Try asking for that on your next trip and see how far it gets you!



I mainly let Otis work out that part most of the time. He’s pretty good at getting the order to work out okay.



Now don’t tell anyone though. I do admit that last time have we sort of cheated. Otis didn’t figure the order right. And we ran out of fries. So when the person at the next table left to get a refill at the soda bar we sort of borrowed a few of his fries. I know we do plan on paying them back eventually. Not sure when we will see them again. But we will if and when.



Until then though we have to just do a better job on the fry ordering part. Right now I’m working on a system to make it easier. I got this plastic bucket and I’m going to fill it with fries. Then I’ll eat a couple of burgers and munch on the fries and then see how many I end up having left. If it is enough I’ll just take the bucket to the burger joint when next time.



That way I can be sure I order enough fries to fill it up and we’ll know it won’t be the amount so we will end up running out. Oh shoot I just remember if I do this with just it being for me the bucket won’t work with Otis eating them too.



Looks like I will need to come up with something bigger to use. I wonder if I could take a plastic trash can? Yeah I reckon a fifty gallon one should do fine. Course I will have to make sure it is a new one that is clean and all. So that means I can’t borrow one off our trash route. I doubt Otis would let me try to save money doing it that way.



So looks like I’m going to have to go shopping for a trash can. Only I’m not going over to the one discount store. That clerk that works there always gets nosy about why I buy stuff ever since I explained once how I was buying a toilet bowl brush to use as a toothbrush. It was just an experiment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home