Thursday, March 23, 2006

SECOND HELPINGS

Now I’m going to say something unbelievably shocking. There are times when second helpings aren’t a good thing.

Normally when I think of second helpings the first thing I think of is food. Yep to me helpings and food just sort of go together. I just can’t imagine talking about a big meal without thinking in terms of helpings and how many.

However I got to admit that too many weird people think of helpings other than in terms of food. Can you believe it?

Why it happen to me just the other day. Actually I should say I was there when it happened so that kind of counts as the same thing.

The other day I was running some errands with this other grimefighter Agent Double O Snotty. I generally don’t hang with Snotty that much, but in this case my buddy Otis was busy doing some special stuff for our boss. So Snotty and I went out to take care of these chores. In part it was a way for me to keep busy while Otis finished that other stuff. Snotty was the one who really had the errands to do.

Anyway there we were in this home improvement center so Snotty could check on nails. Well I was getting kind of bored so I went over and was looking at tools. Then I saw the aisle with glue and got curious. You know it ain’t a good idea to check out glue by taking off the cap. I found out the hard way when I got some on my hand.

I couldn’t find the bathroom to wash my hands and then got distracted by the tool aisle. As they say, one thing bread to another and before I knew it I had this darn hammer stuck in my hand.

So I went over to see if I could get Snotty to help me remove it. And I shaking my hand so hard that the hammerhead came off. I’m got distracted and didn’t see where it went as first, but when I looked up there was this big guy lying on the ground and the hammer head was lying next to him.

Snotty bent down and picked up the hammerhead just about when that guy woke up form his nap. Then before I knew it the big guy got up and started shaking his fist at Snotty and then said something about wanting to know if Snotty wanted a helping of a sandwich. I didn’t quite understand what kind of sandwich it was.

But I figured if they were planning on eating I better go and wash my hands and I did. When I got back the big guy was gone and Snotty was taking a nap. I helped him up and asked him what happened.

He mumbled something about helpings, sandwiches and knuckles. It didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

After that, we ended up leaving and I never did get to try one of their sandwiches. But let me tell you if a helping ends up rendering you unconscious the way it did Snotty, I think I’ll pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home