Friday, March 31, 2006

READY OR NOT, HERE I...

The rest of this for me is AM. That really has become a big deal lately with some of the people I have to deal with. Honestly they can be so darn anti-social.

I don’t think it is my fault either that they aren’t as friendly as they should be. And frankly I’m a little surprised at how they act considering how they act.

What I’m talking about is this group that Otis had us join. I’m still not exactly sure why he thought it was cool for us to be part of this group, but he did.

From the best I can gather they spend most of their time over at this place called a “Country Club.” Otis said joining them would make us more “sophisticated.”

As for myself I have trouble figuring out the difference between sophisticated and boring. Plus it appear you got to fib about who you are in order to impress them. I mean we can tell them we are garbage collectors or even grimefighters.

Otis tells them we are therapists. He claims that we really are because when we find some griminal we give them a some clean therapy.

Anyway he tells me we got to start using the nickname doctor. Which really seems strange to me. Plus I don’t quite get the part where he tells them we have this practice when I never spend any time actually doing any of this therapist stuff.

Plus Otis makes us dress up in a suit whenever he drags me over for one of their dinners as they call it. So far I haven’t been impressed with them though. I haven’t seen one jelly bean in the whole time I’ve been going there.

The other weird thing is that all the people kind of talk funny. I mean once Otis told them we were therapist those folks sure do ask us some dumb questions.

Heck I had this one lady that started telling me all about her childhood. I mean this lady had to be about the same age as Granny Potts. But she wanted to bore me with telling me all about how all these terrible problems she had with somebody named “sibling rivalry.”

I did my best to listen. Then she asked me what I thought she should do about it. I wasn’t sure what to tell her. So I just told her what I heard Otis tell somebody. He told this other person that they ought to try a few sessions of peeing in front of a therapists. Boy did she get upset about that part.

Course later Otis explained that it was therapy, not peeing in front of a therapist. But that’s okay because at least now when I go there nobody seems to anxious to bother me about anything. They do whisper a lot when we come into the room, but that’s okay. I guess if it keeps them busy that is a good thing. Everybody needs a hobby I reckon. and if it works for them that is a good thing.

Thought for the week: "Every vote counts, but it doesn't mean every one is a winner!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home