Friday, March 24, 2006

LAST CHANCES

This is terrible. I didn’t even know there was an emergency. You would have figured somebody would have mentioned it on the news? But darn it all they didn’t.

I’m talking about cookies. I’m going to miss eating them and I’m still confused on how come they won’t be around any longer, but I guess I’ll survive.

I was listening to the radio the other day and they had this commercial about a sale over at this one store. They said something about that day being the last chance to you could take advantage of their sale.

I sort of listened to some of the stuff they had on sale. There were socks, soap and this one type of cookie.

Shoot, I didn’t want to miss out on my last chance to ever by a cookie. That was one thing I didn’t want to have happen. So I got up and rushed right over there. The nerve of those people to be closed at midnight if it was a person’s last chance to buy cookies.

So I missed it. And man I was sure sad about it. I got to admit that I sort of going to miss socks and soap too. I can’t figure how they expect us to never use them again.

But for the moment I lucked out. I went into the grocery store and found out that apparently the last chance thing hadn’t gone into effect there just yet. Well I wasn’t going to take any chance of missing that last chance. So I went ahead and bought up all the cookies they had. Heck they must have had at least about a bazillion packs of cookies. I figure that ought to keep me going till the weekend at least.

Then I charged them to STINK since I saw Otis do that once. I’m sure that Dr. Hemoglobin won’t mind that two thousand dollar grocery bill once I explain how you wil never get another chance at cookies any longer.

It was kind of hard to get them home. But then I went out and borrow one of STINK’s garbage trucks to put them in. The guy at the grocery store was kind of enough to watch the cookies for me while I went to get the garbage truck. And he only charged me a thousand smackers to do it. I got no idea why he wanted me to smack him a thousand times, but after I used my bat once on him when I got back with the truck he decided to take a nap.

Anyway at least for the moment I think I’m okay in terms of the last chance thing with cookies. I bet Otis will be proud too when he gets home. He left me a note about having to go to the grocery store and talk to them about some deranged person who assaulted one of their clerks with a bat and then stole a whole bunch of cookies by claiming to charge them to some account. Gee I don’t know who that nut was, but he sure sounds dangerous to me. And stupid too, considering I already took all the cookies anyway. Guess it does take all kinds to make the world go frown or round or drown or whatever. I got plenty o time to think it through while I’m sitting and enjoying that mountain of cookies in our living room. I wonder if I should have left them in their packages?

Thought for the week: "I've seen a lot of trees and all I can say it what I've seen under them wouldn't be what I would call tasty like that saying under the Yum Yum tree. Must be some tree!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home