Friday, December 16, 2005

LOVE TO

No I ain’t hung up on the word love lately. I just got bugged by this saying the other day. It is one that old rat boy Junior Hemoglobin loves to use. Which would be okay if he really meant it I suppose, but it doesn’t seem to me that he really does.

How do I know that? Well to give you an example when it comes to cheese in the right situation he talks about sharing it. I guess I ought to say that somebody will suggest it and he’ll say “Love to.”

Anybody knows that old rat boy will never share cheese. He’ll horde it, dream about it even steal it, which he calls borrowing, but he’ll never share it.

But then that is just one example. I see a whole lot more. Which is why this is sort of a gripe for me.

That’s because to me if you want to say love to and don’t mean it then only do it for yourself! Don’t include me.

The other day unfortunately my buddy decided he would do that for me. I guess he meant well. Only it sure didn’t work out that way.

See the big problem was that when he said love to he didn’t mean it. And that was find because he managed to avoid doing what he said he would love to.

Only problem he forgot to mention to me that he had said love to for me. So when I got approached and didn’t have anyway to run away, I got stuck.

I’m speaking in this case of him telling Truly Grimy that I would love to try her latest meal. My buddy really didn’t do me any favors in that situation.

Now I know my buddy didn’t do it on purpose and he did feel bad about it later. However he didn’t feel half as bad as I did when I was standing there and Truly shoved that spoonful of her latest concoction in my mouth. Shoot I didn’t have a chance to react except to swallow. And let me tell you my tummy sure told me that it didn’t enjoy that mix.

I thought better than to ask Truly what was in it. I figured if I found out it would only make me sicker. So I just smiled and said I was full and then when she was gone I ran off to the bathroom and made it just in time before my stomach upchuck that mess.

As for Otis, well at least so far he has managed to avoid saying love to. So far he’s got a new phrase. It is “I’ll think about it.”

And that is fine with me as long as it doesn’t end up with me having a spoonful of Truly’s casserole shoved in my mouth. There ain’t no way that I hope his thinking about it will end up with that happening. Plus I also know now whenever I smell a smell at STINK like something died to run away before Truly can find me.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "You might be able to attract more flies with honey than vinegar, but crap attracts too. So does that mean honey can sometimes be nothing more than crap?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home