Friday, November 18, 2005

THE TORTOISE AND THE WOLF

Okay don’t anybody start up with saying that this ought to be title the tortoise and the hare. My buddy Otis already mentioned that and I’ll tell you the same thing I told him, when you write your own posting you can call it whatever you want, but for me there is a principal I’m thinking of in this case.

And that is that I think the tortoise was a dirty rotten cheater who just happen to have a great publicists. Yeah, I’m telling you I got it all figured out. Well I did have a little help from this guy I know, Iggy. He always has so many really great things he knows that after you get through talking with him you find out life is a whole lot different than you first thought.

Iggy is sort of shy type of guy and doesn’t like to brag so I won’t tell him I mentioned him in this posting, but I know when he tells me something it is really special. And I have no doubt those little pills they give him over at that place where he is kind of staying permanently to get lots of rest probably helped to some degree. It’s just too bad that darn jacket they make him wear most of the time has sleeves that tie in the back so he can use an ink pen. I think they call them a straight jacket, but I don’t know why since I don’t see any thing straight about them.

Anyway after I first met Iggy when I dialed a wrong number and he answered it and then we started talking I sure felt I learned a lot. I mean I had to be impressed with a guy who could answer the phone using his feet, which I discovered after I met him in person. Or I should say after I got to kind of wave to him through the bars on the window. But at least now I know when he is close enough to the phone to answer when I can call and that way I don’t miss out on all his good ideas.

Which is what I’m coming to with this tortoise and wolf thing. Like I said from what Iggy was explaining, this whole original story about the tortoise and hare thing was one big con job. See in reality we all know a hare is a lot faster than a tortoise. But them darn may look goofy, but they are smart.

So like Iggy says, he figures the tortoise probably started this whole story about beating that hare in a race so he could make it look like a slower dude was better than a faster dude. Why those darn tortoise are so sneaky he probably used some short cut or another dirty trick to just make it appear he really one.

Man after Iggy explain how truly much of a rat these darn tortoise can be that’s when it thought we needed to revise this story and use a wolf instead of a hare. That way when that darn tortoise tried to pull some sneaky crap the wolf could just end up eating him. Then the story would be over with a cool burp!

Plus it might teach those darn tortoises to not try and be such crummy cheaters. And it would be so much better of an ending. The fast dude not only won, but had lunch in the process. Kind makes you feel real good inside huh just to think of how much better the story comes out that way? I think I’ll use Iggy’s help to rewrite a few of those fairy tales tell they make sense too. I’ll keep you posted on that part.

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: "Love may make the world go round, but hate sure keeps it from spinning the right way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home