Monday, November 21, 2005

TASTY AND HASTY

I love fast food and even more when it don’t reek of grease, especially really bad grease that is way too old. There is nothing that turns me off on biting into a nice big burger that I got for a discount that if when I pick it up the grease starts raining out of the bottom and it also smells bad. That sort of takes the fun out of it for me.

My buddy Otis has his own version of what is smart eating. Only in his case it doesn’t have anything to do with going to a fast food place. He gets really weird at times about things like nutrition. For him that somehow comes down to going to a place that sells more important stuff like salads. Course by the time he smothers that green stuff with all that salad dressing you can even see the darn lettuce so how can you even know it is good for you at that point?

However he doesn’t seem to worry about such details. For him ordering a salad is what counts. And the fact that he has it with like practically a loaf of bread and some appetizer thing which looks like fast food stuff too me and then has dessert afterwards doesn’t seem to matter either. Just as long as somewhere in between all that other junk he has a salad then that is what matters from as best as I can figure.

Now I don’t even mind us taking time to go over to that fancy restaurant. But what I do mind is that they are so dang slow at bringing you any food. It might be tasty at least to Otis, but they sure aren’t hasty and making sure you get a chance to eat it.

Which is why I do prefer those fast food places. Of course if you go there and they are real, real busy then you may not end up getting your food all that fast. But it is still a lot faster than that restaurant Otis takes me too.

Now what I’ve decided to do in this situation is come up with some kind of compromise where I can get tasty and also have it be hasty. And for my buddy I know that means letting him keep enjoying his salad thing when he is in one of those green moods.

Right now I’m searching for a place that sells food fast, but has all the good stuff to eat, including some of those salads my buddy wants. Oh I’ve even found a few fast food places that have salads. But since my buddy gets hung up on having a bunch of bread with it and dessert that is hard to find with some of them. I’ve found a couple that will give you crackers with the salad or those crouton things, but actually real bread like in a slice form, nope.

My current hope remains with this one take out place I’m going to go visit later. They sell pizza and also salads. No dessert though. But they are located next to a donut shop so that might work.

I still have to check out if they sell salad dressing by the gallon with the salad. Not sure my buddy will be excited by the choice if he can’t drown the green stuff in dressing. Gosh it is funny how you got to work so hard just to get a decent meal at times. But the nice thing is when you do find tasty and hasty it makes more than your tummy smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home