Monday, November 07, 2005

IT WAS THE BEST OF SPINES

When they talk about having a back bone I know and you know they aren’t talking about back problems. They are talking about plain old courage. And just like with the fact that we all have different spines, we all have different levels of courage. For some naturally it is tougher to find that others, but I think it exists to some degree.

What kind of bugs me though is if you look at the movies it seems like everyone is just brimming over with guts. I mean man they never seem to be afraid of anything.

I wish real life were that simple. But then I also understand in some movie the dude in it doesn’t really have to worry much about consequences. He can go out and do junk and not worry about getting in trouble like you and me.

So it just seems to me that one big deal with this whole courage thing is the worry over getting in trouble from acting brave. At least it seems that way to me.

And there we are, sitting and thinking should I do something or shouldn’t I? The whole time perhaps some image rolls around in our brain that reminds us how if we do something we could end up in big trouble. Which for most people is something you really do have to think about.

Now as a super hero dude and grimefighting kind of guy I got to deal with the problem too. I suppose I ought to claim that I never get afraid. Boy I wish that were the case, but I have those moments of involuntary kidney movements just like anybody. And my buddy Otis has them too.

However what we don’t do is try to pretend about them. We just chalk them up to the times when for whatever reason our spines were just on the fritz. Only we don’t let that keep us from trying the next time.

And you know what? Shoot sometimes things turn out so cool later. We discover a different time where we find our spine again and things turn out totally different.

Those are what I like to call the best of spine moments. Those are the ones where things really work out and we feel so darn good.

Just being able to remember them sure helps during the times we don’t have those moments. It is enough to get us to get up and try again. And that is truly cool.

Plus we like to remember how you never know when the next time you could have another best of spine moment. I wish they were more often admittedly. Like as often as they seem to happen to all those other super heroes you see in the movies.

I think I’m going to check out the Internet to see if I can find the location of the super hero store with those other dudes get all those super powers. They might have some they have for sale that I can use instead of just relying on the rush from jelly beans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home