Thursday, November 01, 2007

ELDERS

Will somebody tell why being old means you have to be smart too? Is this some kind of rule I was never told?

You do have to wonder at times. Oh I do understand how being elderly means you know lots of junk, but does it mean you are smarter than some others?

I got to admit that I'm not convinced on that part. Just seems kind of like that isn't always true.

And we do need to do as they say and respect our elders. Like help them across the street and stuff. Providing they do want to go across the street. Really is good to check first. You'll have to trust me on that one.

In any case here the whole idea I think is that elders are suppose to be treated as well elders. And in a good way too.

But what all that means I have no idea. Sometime pretty dang important I reckon. Just sure what all yet.

I was trying to find out by going to what they call the source. That is where you ask somebody who is in that group.

So I figured it was best to check with an elder. Only thing is the elder I happen to know best is Ramy Jarvis, STINK's ninety four year old janitor.

He's pretty cool at times. Does sort of think we are still fighting World War 2 so that is kind of weird. But sometimes he makes sense.

I should say I also know Granny Potts too. She is a nice lady. Kind of good at making meals too.

Providing she remembers to wear her glasses. That can be a really bad choice if she forgets. Kind of gets the washing machine confused with the oven.

Not my idea of a good meal having to eat wet socks. Better than wet underwear I guess. But neither are as good as real food.

Anyway, I did take time to talk to Ramy to ask him about Elders. He said he wasn't a big fan of trees.

I can say I did get an answer, just not the one I was thinking would really make any sense. But then at least Ramy didn't ramble this time about fighitng some people called the huns.

Not sure why he always wants to fight them at his age, but I guess it works for him as an elder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home