Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A GROAN AT LAST

Oh my god let me tell you this sure is one heck of a horror story. It just makes me all shaky all over to think about it.

Perhaps I ought to start from the beginning huh? Yeah, I figure that is always the best place to start a story. If you start in the middle, it never quite works out that good does it? Which is still better that starting at the end I guess, but maybe not as much as starting after the end, when you are just sitting there giggling and the other person has no idea what the heck is so funny.

Anyway, getting back to this disaster, it all started when Otis had trouble fitting into a pair of pants. Well, the easiest solution would be to buy new pants. That is what I would have done.

But not Otis. Man his idea was to do something totally insane. He decided to take up exercise.

Which would have been fine if it was HIS idea alone. However, he decided I should join him.

Let me tell you, being a Super Hero is enough of a workout for me. I don't need to be drug off to some gym.

Only I didn't have anyway of getting out of it. Not after Otis suckered me into going by telling me we were going shopping.

And when we got to that big building with the words, Fitness Center on it, I should have known it wasn't a mall where they put all the fit stuff in the center to look at. But lucky me, I didn't find out till it was too late.

Plus what I didn't know is that he had already paid for us to have memberships. And I also didn't know that meant we were going to have to sweat and get all exhausted.

I mean if you are paying for something it ought to be fun. Which for me is like going to some place to get something to eat.

Boy, let me tell you, the one thing they don't do there is give you anything to eat. They slap you butt down on some exercise machine and keep telling you how this is good for you.

Only it never feels good. It made me feel sweaty and tired. Was this somebody's idea of a crazy or sick joke? I had to wonder.

Anyway, I ended up not getting anything to eat and instead having all kinds of need to groan. They seemed to think it was a good thing. Otis smiled about it at the time.

The next day he wasn't smiling when he was groaning and couldn't get out of bed. We haven't gone back there after that. He did buy some new pants though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home