Wednesday, March 28, 2007

GOOD JOB

You know, they say this over at STINK to us sometimes. Not all the time, just sometimes. Not enough to feel like they mean it though.

Wish they could be clearer on that kind of thing. I mean it gets really difficult to figure what is meant by a good job when they never say for sure.

One time you go out on assignment and think you did great and they don't say a dang word. The next time they brag on what you did even when you feel it sucked.

I guess it depends more on their mood I suppose. Plus the "they" I'm talking about kind of change at times.

Sometimes we are talking old rat boy, Junior Hemoglobin. Others it is our real boss, Dr. Hemoglobin. Then there are the times when we deal with the security dudes or mechanic or maybe one of the other grimefighters who got stuck being in charge of telling us how he ain't really in charge.

Anyway, I pretty much know that if Junior says good job, he doesn't really mean it. That is something he sort of says because his dad, Dr. Hemoglobin makes him feel like it does.

What happens is that on those occasions when we do something really cool like manage to catch a griminal and beat the snot out of him real good. Then we haul is butt back to headquarters.

Now unfortunately for me Otis has a different idea of beating the snot out of somebody is different than mine. For me, shoot, if they are unconscious you can be darn sure when they wake up they will remember they did something bad.

If they don't lose consciousness they might not take it serious. I like to do what I call reinforcing of that fact. You know a bat works really great at reinforcing from my view.

Well, I don't reckon I'll manage to get Otis to agree with me on that part though. Wish I could. But he gets kind of finicky on that kind of thing.

Which is not as bad as trying to get Dr. Hemoglobin to come right out and say we did a good job. Normally, I'm used to him just pointing out when we screw up. Oh he might say that was done correctly. He's big on using he word correctly when not yelling.

But every once and a while he sort of forgets and actually tells us good job. I'm just grateful that most of the time normally Otis manages to be sure he has not bothered to share with him what he calls the 'minor details.' Those are the things where we screwed up, but nobody saw us do that.

I figured that as long as our boss things we did a good job that is the most important part. Better to imagine that spill your guts if it means instead of being told good job you get told, you are an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home