Sunday, January 28, 2007

CHEERLEADERS

How come cheerleaders always got to make you cheer? Can't they like do something else with their time? And what is the deal with those dang pom-pom things? Are we supposed to believe that you can't be happy unless you are holding onto them? Makes me wonder, you know.

Plus they only seem to hang around sports a lot. You never see them at funerals. Guess that isn't a time you would sort of expect people to want to be cheery. But then since nobody ever tried how do we know for sure. I could kind of imagine some cheerleaders getting up and shouting, "Give me a D. Give me an E. Give me an A...." Then at the end asking, "What's that spell?"

Course we all know what it spells and who knows perhaps it might make the undertaker smile a little. Hey, don't they have the right to a little joy as much as the next person? Seems far.

But I reckon you just won't get most people to agree. There are so many darn people out there with no sense of humor.

After all, a funeral is kind of a sad time so would it make sense people need to be cheered up more when they are said? That was my feeling.

And I even tossed that idea out at work to my boss Dr. Hemoglobin. But he never gave me an answer to whether it was worth getting some cheerleaders and giving a try.

Right after I told him my idea he suddenly had to run off to some meeting. Well, first his face kind of got red as he tugged at his collar and seemed to have a little trouble talking. Maybe he had a cold. I have noticed he seems to get those a lot when we talk for some reason. Guess he might need a check up.

In the meantime, I thought I would perhaps help him out by getting some more information on this thing. I found a place where I thing you can get some pom-poms.

Actually, I believe they make stuff like party balloons. But I reckon they probably have some stuff in back for whipping up a few pom-poms.

Not sure what would be the best color though when you are talking about rooting for dead people. Black just seems to obvious if you know what I mean.

Yeah, maybe they ought to be made a color that would really liven things up. Perhaps a nice bright orange or pink. Shoot you could even get the cheerleaders to dye their hair to match the pom-poms.

Well, I think the next thing I ought to do is stop by some funeral home and see how the undertaker likes me idea. I'm sure that he will like it better in person. I did try calling, but for some reason I kept getting disconnected on the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home