Monday, July 24, 2006

BOAST

Now this is one of those things that is cool when you do it for the right reasons and you ain't lying. I don't personally get very thrilled hearing some clown bragging about being the best in the world about something that you know isn't true.

It is like seeing some joker who is built like an egg bragging about going to the gym a lot. He might, but it sure doesn't look like it.

I don't mean to rag on that kind of dude, I'm just suggesting that boasting you can't prove is not to me real boasting. It is just fancy lying and that is down right boring as far as I'm concerned.

But like I said if a person starts talking about how they are good at something and you know they aren't lying then I just consider that as being confident. You know such as if say they had a bunch of medals from winning some kind of contests and said they were great in that kind of sport, I know I would believe them.

Of course there are some kinds of boasting that well, I would rather not even discuss. Say for example if you are around this big huge cop and he has his hand on his nightstick. I consider that the kind of boasting where he doesn't have to really use any words.

And it is one situation where you can bet I won't be asking for prove that he is good at clobbering people. I'm more than willing to take his word for it, even if all it amounts to is him looking at me funny with his hand clutched to that nightstick.

So it all comes down to a matter in so many ways of making choices I guess. And most of the time I reckon it in part depends on how much you want to put up with listening to somebody do boasting.

For me that depends also on how much I like the person and how often I've heard them brag about junk that I know ain't true.

In the case of my buddy, Otis, well I have what are mixed emotions. On the one hand he sometimes starts boasting about junk and uses so many dang big words that I have no idea what the heck he is talking about. It just sounds way too much like he's boasting, but I can't say for sure.

That's okay though. Because then there are the times when he gets all boastful when talking to our boss. Normally, they are the times when he's saying something to explain why something we screwed up really wasn't a screw up after all. So he has to boast to make sure it looks like we did a good thing even if it was a bad thing.

It kind of you know, just works to save us from being yelled at too much by our boss. And believe me that kind of boasting sure works for me. As long as our boss Dr. Hemoglobin ends up believing it too.

So far I got to say, that happens only part of the time. Which is still better than not at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home