Saturday, May 02, 2009

TAKE THIS

The nurse brings another capsule in small plastic dosage cup,
she has a cold and hard face,
no love nor compassion in her eyes,
“take this,” is all she drones,
doesn’t offer an explanation or seem to care
if I have a clue about will this next pill does
to somehow really improve my condition.

It was more like she had this check off patient list
and at given time had to prove you could still swallow.

I went through the scenario in my head
while recouping in that bed after surgery,
blue ones were for pain and sometimes they almost worked,
green ones were bitter tasting and supposed to help with healthy,
but they make me so sick at my stomach
that I think I would rather stay ill.
Red ones did nothing at all and were hard to swallow,
yellow ones tasted terrible and gave me a very dry throat.

Now white were a different matter all together,
they were like eating chalk and had a hint of wintergreen,
still didn’t feel any different once I took them.

Eventually I realized that there would be no end
unto this parade of or prescriptions until I actually improved.

So despite the pain I worked so hard to look healthy,
smiling and saying I was fine
in order to get released and stop taking this darn tablets,
not to mention also avoid that alleged servings they called food,
which would have really made me so much sicker
if I had dared to eat more than a couple of bites.

Finally my act earn an escape
mercifully the doctor told me regular pain killers would be okay,
leaving the almost house of healing,
happy to know their disgusting medicine pearls
weren’t going to be my companion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home