Monday, August 17, 2009

Hammer And Broom


Life has its many pleasures

the joys you love to possess,

constantly, steadily

in ever increasing encounters.

 

But I found the perfect way

to achieve a harmony of moments,

questions subdued, dismay demised

with my trusty hammer and beautiful broom.

 

For when things get too frustrating

nothing simplifies the aggravation

like a good whack from my iron pal,

silencing the chaos, ending the annoyance.

 

Then a few strokes by my sweeping companion

quickly erases any evidence

of the rebellious and ranting remnants

who ruin the blissful bouquet in a day.

 

Oh sweet tandem in solution

what magic you bestow

by blows and combs of detractors

you make my world

have that special tranquil glow.

 

Now if I could just remember

witnesses despoil the prize,

have to ensure they are quieted

with some loving touch,

yet if a bribe won’t work

then I guess another pounding

will be just more practice

before I brush them unconscious

into a closet or box.

 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home