Sunday, May 17, 2009

MY COOKIE JAR

I keep my rainbows in a jar,
my stars are stored there too,
the cookies of my desires,
spellbound snacks I long to consume,
which stay on the shelf
that is only seen after dark.

But the taste lingers throughout the day,
each thought of better,
every want that my heart craves
beyond the staples of survival,
remain as a flavor I imagine so vividly.

And in the moments of quiet,
when the light doesn’t reveal
all the bridges that I can touch,
my hands reach out to try and find a way
to hold the pastries of my mind.

It doesn’t satisfy my appetite
as a real bite would do,
still the hunger keeps me looking
for a bakery where that can be claimed.

Because as long as I continue to seek
then I know I’m not going to quit
believing someday is not an excuse
to let my cookies crumble,
it is the oven not yet found,
waiting to serve
what I have yet to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home