Thursday, November 18, 2010

Strangers have the best candy

Oh how my heart did leap upon the sky,
going to visit Honest Bob,
never met him before,
but heard he will give me the deal of the eons
on a new car.

So I moseyed over to his lot,
past all the other ones
with creeps who had lied to me
offering me fake machine morsels.

This time things would be different
going to get that sugar of a contract with guarantee,
positive it will taste better
than the crap fed me by all the jerks,
who sold me some mechanical snack
that broke down before I got a block from their locations,
their stupid contracts made of invisible ink!

I know Honest Bob
will give me a pure sales chocolate deal
on a sweet set of wheels
making sure I never get hungry again
for the rush of a ride
where it ends with disappointment.

I listen in rapturous expectation
as his honeyed words drip over my mind,
each one a glorious tasty morsel
from his assortment of caramel promises.

Getting high on the new car smell,
veins bulging from my gluttonous feast on mechanical candy,
my pulse pounds as I tool down the street,
behind the steering wheel of my succulent purchase.

But it stalls and then backfires two blocks later,
walking back to his sale office,
time for one salesmen of confectionary bull
to perhaps suffer loss of a few teeth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home