Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Nothingness

Though trapped in silence
I can hear her voice
whisper deep into my heart,
because her love
always fills my void.

In all the nights
our fingers dance without a partner,
with no touch to light our hopes,
the sun of her soul
continues to keep me warm,
holding onto the candle of our last embrace,
how it never stops burning
so intently in my darkness.

For though at times
life falls into a void of nothingness
within my head,
it never leaves me empty
since inside I will always be filled
by each memory of her caress.

Should a day lead to a wasteland
and night strips my joy completely away,
no breath I speak,
not a single step that I should ever take
will feel the least bit futile
as long as I know
she is still my horizon,
a destination I call home,
the very reason I have laughter,
able to thrive even when alone.

There will always be to me
one place that I shall dwell in joy,
passion a wind to fly upon
in the shelter of her arms,
felt so wonderfully and soothing
even though they are miles away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home