Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Reflections

Looking deeply into the mind’s mirror
for the image lost so long ago
of the person I wanted to be,
but got discarded from my grasp
because I listened to the critics
who said dreams and happiness
were not practical or realistic.

Slipping out of my fingers
was my hopes and essence
that person who truly occupied
the reflection of the me inside.

I wander so far from my real being
ended up wandering a maze of dollars
among the courtyards of cent you dwelled
in sweaty rags and desperation
never truly feeling alive or in balance.

Might have been stranded there forever,
slowly dying from the lack of inner honesty
quietly withering of joy and any dream.

Until at last I found a pen,
not the usual one for work,
the one that lie within my head,
one touch that implement’s magic
was like opening a door to life,
inside I found a world where I could dwell
discovered the heart beat I never knew throbbed.

It was a psalm of light that gave me such fire
that it warmed and inspired
even when darkness came.

And in its glow do I can see
what I had missed so often
with a special joy it brings
leaving a melody in my heart
I can hear all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home