Friday, October 29, 2010

A Place for Us

In your eyes, my darling,
I find my paradise,
my Eden of a thousand sighs,
the home where my heart thrives.

If I could open Heaven's gate
to flood us with our passion,
we would let our lives
which beat as one
spread a table of scenic feast
where we would write a pastoral poem,
the trees, birds, mountains and lakes,
created as gifts of our affection.

Lake would fill with our devotion
pine rising to rejoice at our entwined souls,
birds carrying the joys we have for each other,
mountains stately declaring how we are of a single essence.

At night the stars would shine just for us,
serenading with silvery psalms about our true love,
as we held each other till morning
peace the blanket draping our thoughts.

By dawn we would greet the day
smiles and kisses to celebrate another chance
for gazing into the other's spirit
seeing our own faces in the reflection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home