Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Wish Away

When my night loomed as cruel black magic banshee

so everything in the darkness had a ghostly life,

I found a genie in the silky texture of my dream cushion

she was siren, confess, sorceress and seductress

woven through the thread in my tears as a spell for my vigil in sobs.

 

Each time the wind stirred the phantoms in the tree branches

my lips would whisper the longings of my heart,

then she would caress the murmurs with satin strokes

until slowly I could see my desires come alive

amid the bedroom cemetery where I languished in misery.

 

In time the enchanted she conjured brought light my shadows in emptiness,

slowly the monsters I fear who groped under my bed

were vaporized in the sweet calming silence,

now I sleep in the peace she casts when I was hungry for its charms,

while she fades into my closet, yet stays only a wish away.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home