Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tides

I wish you may know a mariner’s thrills

sail on passages of tides that swell in happiness,

immerse you in its depths and peace

while your sadness be only a reef

reached so very seldom,

that they will be a time merely visited

and never a voyage of countless days.

 

By love’s wind may you be driven

far from those shoals of sobs,

able to know the beauty and bliss

felt on a journey rich in blessings.

 

It is the dream I have for you

the wish that becomes your vessel

through time's many waters,

which can bring you to a home

upon the paradise shore

of the future my heart wants for you.

 

Now my son, while you sleep in a sailboat

upon those seas on in your mind,

hear this song of hope

sing its notes in your slumber,

for it is music of tomorrow,

a melody of oceanic thoughts

held in my words I give to you

as the vision for your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home