Monday, February 01, 2010

You Wrote A Waltz Within My Heart

I lived in a night without a song,

a darkness that was cold and empty,

where silence draped its muted cloth

over my heart and thoughts.

 

Then you came and I discovered

how to dance instead of walk,

to hear the serenade of lips

bring a celebration unto my loneliness.

 

A ball of happiness you brough

with a waltz in love

unlike anything I had ever known.

It left me captured by the lure of your eyes,

the soft sweet sounds in your voice,

which took me for a twirl

upon a floor that I had never touched.

 

Suddenly left so breathless and mesmerized

by this music I had never heard before,

enchanted and entranced,

happily feeling a festive sway

that was spellbound and magical.

 

Now each day the joy floats me

into the soothing siren strokes

only found within your arms.

 

Can’t do other than let the notes

compose love’s song between us,

because I know deep down

this is something so incredibly beautiful,

such an exquisite encounter,

because of what happened

once you came into my life

for it is the party I’ve always wanted to have,

only meant to be shared by two

in perfect lasting harmony

and it is all because of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home