Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Rules

I thought I had seen her heart

understood every trace and beat,

grasp the caresses for their intent,

knew the depths and notes of our romance song.

 

But though I was lifted on a cloud,

it turned into a fog,

each day was filled with a wind

blowing some change from her mind,

felt it was a game

where I never knew the rules.

 

Sins informed without benefit of commandments,

transgressions mentioned

without seeing a single no trespassing sign.

 

Simple as I presumed our path should be,

became a maze of excuses and broken promises,

got so lost and not having a single clue

what was the destination we were supposed to reach.

 

It was like being abandoned on a desert island

while given a map to a place that didn’t exist,

left with instructions for building an ark,

yet not provided a tool nor materials.

 

Love I always viewed with enraptured eyes

got so blurry from chasing verbal mirages

getting dizzy from trying to remember

all the “thou shalt’s” that changed constantly.

 

When at last I was left alone

while she waved goodbye to race towards

somewhere she didn’t say,

inside the haze went away

though the mystery of the journey to nowhere

lingered in my head.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home