Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Practice makes more practice

If today is the first day of the rest of my life

then it means everything up till now

was only for practice and doesn’t count,

tomorrow will be when the score starts,

unless I make it another today

in order to be sure I can still call it practice,

which is so much nicer

than to look at my blunders I did later

following claiming I was improved

while vowing I said I had polished my performance

and then have to say,

oh my god did I really do that again?

 

Now I have decided to put my life

into a computer program

store the edited version as I need it to read,

able to really make some progress

since I will type it in as I prefect

whether I did it or not.

 

Ah, the joy when I have come

unto that crossroads of choice,

basking in the joy of knowing

it can only get better

since I’ll rewrite it that way

no matter what actually happen.

 

The nice thing about rehearsing

a life time hobby of dementia

is you always end up a winner

because lunacy is ageless,

never having to worry about facing senility

since you had that part down pat

so won’t even notice the difference

when the real thing kicks in.

 








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home