Friday, May 22, 2009

Refrigerator Magnetic Sayings

All those cute and clever quotes
placed as wisdom on my ice box,
in a variety of bright colors
shaped in so many fanciful forms.

Oh I look at them with diligent devotion
each time I open that refrigerator door,
love the one with that demon marshmallow
reminding me of sugar’s evil.

Even take a moment to glace
at the little weight lifting gnome
who sign says, “you don’t need that!”

They are all so inspirational
something to use as motivation for a vow,
while snacking on an ice cream sandwich
or cold pizza from last night’s dinner.

Someday I know I’ll take their advice
shed this junk food addiction,
replace that sweet candied succulence
with something honestly nutritious.

Meanwhile, I just keep changing
all those magnetic sayings,
because the new ones take time
before their words
start getting on my nerves.

Thought for the week: "Would seasons be better if we added more condiments?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home