Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dark Angel Of Sweet Release

I remember the cold, empty days
of beatings and cruelty,
the mastery of leaving scars on the mind,
totally violating the heart,
but never leaving a mark or witnesses.

So I walked a broken jar of being,
kept my pain inside while thinking,
surely this punishment was deserved
for some sin I committed
though I couldn’t remember
what I did so wrong.

Left a shell in my existence
Nobody asked about my hollowness,
just sitting in the high school classroom,
while watching everyone else act
like they were cool,
though to them I was some kind of leper.

Later in the pain of my waning esteem,
what relief came unto my brain
the moment that voice of divine judgment
suddenly spoke to me in the night,
then I became the dark angel,
no longer worthless and rejected,
carefully listening to those instructions
to help so many suffering lives
find a path of liberty
out of their agony.

I was confused at times
over the amazingly hideous ways of salvation,
my instructions to disembowel, decapitate
and totally mutilate those I had been told
were worthy of redemption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home