Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Wires! The Wires!

Oh my body shivers from those dreaded tehno-visions
of mechanical demons who cause me angst incisions,
for I know there out plotting to truly devour my mind
with those fancy, automatic tricks to make you blind.

It started so long ago when I was still just a poor, little kid
and some vending machine ate my coin so I flipped my lid,
then the nightmares came of a monster merciless device
who were out there to treat men like a cat hungers for mice.

Now I live each day in the constant dread they will get to me
grind up my brains and turn me into something totally gooey,
this is just such an abiding terror that enflames me in agony
because I can’t go anywhere away from them and be truly free.

Remotes, computers, robots and the idea of space hovering satellites
all leave me so panicked that sometimes I can’t even sleep at night,
how just a thought of wired beasts gives me nothing except fright
so my nerves are as frayed and brittle from feeling that stress bite.

All I can do is sit here in the bleak dark of my powerless, cold home
where I watch the doors for electric intruders so completely alone,
while my imagination pictures cannibal can openers lurking out there
who will creep into bedroom and eat me while I am in my underwear!

This is all more than I can possible be expected to actually bear
as my poor mind conjures batteries who grow into a vampire éclair,
why can I find a single sane soul to listen to my discerning truth
of how evil running things are going to eat me like a candy, Baby Ruth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home