Monday, January 10, 2011

Choices

It’s hard to feel the wisdom at times
in eating vegetables over fast food,
pick some other nutritious option
rather than what is fried.

Each year thousands don’t make that choice,
they habitat McDonalds, Burger King and other
such places like they were paradise.

Oh the health pays the prices,
even when we think that extra grease
is no big deal.

Now for me, there are no other options left,
I’ve had to change my diet
to deal with major health issues.

When I get any craving,
doesn’t take much for me to remember
any http://allpoetry.com/contest/2483449 pain from what some junk food
helped to cause in my heart.

Really found a peace
in just eating certain healthy preferences,
takes a while for the system to adjust,
yet it really does if given enough time.

And even if others around you
aren’t trying to do the same,
though they may pretend that is no problem
you can see in the eyes
the silent confessions of their indulgences,
which are never admitted publicly
no matter how that vein clogging crude
had messed up their health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home