Monday, January 03, 2011

Saturday Afternoons

The world was a magic lamp
it brought me heroes and gods,
as I sat in that theater seat,
a ten year old watching Superman,
Buck Rodgers and the Lone Ranger,
they always won and life was perfect
between the bite of popcorn and candy.

Even the bad guys
always seemed to play fair,
never went insane or become hatchet murders,
just knew when to get caught
and in the end everyone lived happily ever after.

And if the good guy got wounded
he did show any pain,
was as if those bullets
weren’t able to really hurt them.

Real life had bumps and bruises
with villains who cheated,
but for a few hours on Saturday afternoon
it all was forgotten
while I keep hoping
I would fall through that screen
where I could stay
far away from frowns and fears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home