Thursday, October 01, 2009

Where did The Nice People Go?

Where did the nice people go

when the ground was green

and they sky didn’t have shed

all those magically little white flakes?

 

How they would come

to look at me with those little boxes

that they pointed even at the trees

saying something like cheese

after one of them stood in front of a trunk.

 

Really was so grand

as they tossed me all those nuts

except for that one mean little kid

who tried to chase me,

but he learned not to mess with a squirrel

once I crawled up his leg.

 

Looks like there not coming again today,

maybe I’ll go visit the beavers

in their mud hut down by the lake,

they are always good for a laugh

then I’ll go back my nest

at the hole in that bark

nestled among all the acorns I’ve save

while dreaming of friendly hands with snacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home