Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Sweet Rapture

Of beauty’s bliss before me comes

the edifice of euphoria in stately charms,

my heart batches in the soothing scenic serenity,

no tears shed to this sudden shift

from stress soaked days

under a cruel, leaden sky of melancholy’s steel,

ever the captive unto the pall of poignant princes

who are soul thieves and vile tyrants of injustice.

 

But now I have my reprieve

finally to know the gentle off fate’s mercy

where none of evil hands can violate

that precious peace’s sanctity.

 

What tranquil touches will be mine

once I embrace the majesty of this blessing

and savor the deliverance for my spirit

out of the dark abyss in despair,

a sad crafted clone from profit’s press,

trapped in suffering’s vice grip

barely a life with any identity.

 

Liberty at last shall be mine

for two weeks a year

at this time share oasis,

far from that pain and sorrow.

 

So paradise comes without water or electricity,

not any heat or the slightest

comfort convenience at all,

it still is worth the price I paid

by selling a kidney

because the toilet has a drain

with a bull’s eye on the executive’s chalet

way below in the valley

and I get to dump on them every day

just like they do to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home