Friday, October 09, 2009

I Believe!

Oh dear Lord have mercy on me

for this dreaded act of pride,

thinking I was so important

and you were just some myth

always daring to say how I would believe

if you once just did what I wanted.

 

Now for my vanity I confess

that last wise crack comment I made

unto that preacher was really dumb,

there I stood and said how I would take you serious

the moment you truly did some

like and Old Testament power deal.

 

That Pastor warned me about putting you in a box

so I said if you didn’t like it

the prove it by doing the same to me!

 

Let me tell you that waking up like this

sure made me a change in my view

now please forgive me and give me another chance

because I heard my wife talk about

this old frame was only good as firewood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home