Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Feather

Its golden color strikes my heart

I can feel the magic hidden inside,

a single wave

sweeps my body to a mystical oasis,

beyond this world’s walls.

 

While I hold it

images come into my head,

a brilliant purple sky

filled with claret colored clouds,

beneath a meadow of indigo grass

with a stream snaking through it

of emerald waters.

 

In the middle is a silver gazebo,

there are orange vines wrapped through its shape,

and inside is a blue swing.

Before it is a yellow marble fountain

it flows with bronze hued waters,

somehow I sense they inspire visions,

which part the heavens

until the universe is revealed

as planets appear in the opening.

 

The air is scented with almond and cinnamon,

my mind can conjure

any form of creature I can image

while an ivory table waits to serve a buffet

of any foods I wish to summon.

 

By this meadow’s edge are tall magenta pines

where I can hear music,

somewhere I drift as a leaf on the wind

unto its sound.

 

But then my visit suddenly ceases

for that feather you offered carries a price,

once crossing over I can never return.

 

Thought it was a charmed and spellbound scene

something inside clings to the question

can I trust to someone I’ve just met?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home