Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Best Friend

How could I be without
this most precious pal I could ever have?
Always defending my honor,
ever singing my praises,
and a master of timing
knowing the perfect moment to inspire.

Oh my glorious tongue has its charms
why I am amazed
how often it saves me from trouble
so gifted as a story teller
such a blessing to know.

What good tastes it has
able to tell me when some food or drink
is a lofty flavor of heaven or the tempting taste of hell,
might be nice though
if it didn’t love the latter so much.

Yes, I truly cherish its companionship
even those at times it goes a little crazy
uttering something deranged.

Despite the moments I get those strange looks
or the occasion it choose to test
the sense of humor of that huge goon
by saying something it thought was clever,
which nearly landed me in the hospital,
still I admire it’s skill and creativity.

All I have to do is get it to stop
being so imaginative around the boss,
sometimes he doesn’t appreciate
those excuses for work I didn’t get done.

I don’t even mind if my special buddy
does have a penchant for talking about aliens
wish it didn’t mention partying with them
when explaining to my supervisor
about some report I failed to finish.

Guess I’ll still love it just the same
because its flattering compliments keep me so happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home