Saturday, May 30, 2009

Subtle Discrepancies

Write me a song so sail to the moon,
then swim in a stream of stardust sparkles
far away from the cracks in the earth.

I want to see the world
as a field waiting for spring,
every face one shining with possibilities,
so don’t only expose my eyes to the scars
that ruin my view of what can be,
destroying the trust in dreams.

Because I can see that in the mirror,
remember it when the night conjured fears,
let me find the beauty in each heart
and the splendor in every sight.

For truth isn’t always bittersweet,
nor does it force the need to only see ugliness
because I can gaze into the imperfections,
still able to find the gold within,
tarnished souls might have their flaws,
but they still have silver too.

Hope is the vision that isn’t blind to reality,
can notice all the subtle discrepancies
between our passions and our mistakes,
but with glasses of love
notice the good in the bad,
knowing it is better to heal and inspire
than condemn as trash
what contradicts the wishes
to be more than a fractured life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home