Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Is This Still Planet Earth?

I went for my usual bicycle ride
down my favorite bike path,
but I wondered on this day,
did I somehow pass into another world?

There was this guy dressed like GI Joe out in a field
who was hitting golf balls with a tennis racket,
screaming Eureka and talking to people
that weren’t there.

Then I came across a stuffed teddy bear
sitting by side of the road
with a beer can in its paw,
next to a sign that said no littering,
glad at least it wasn’t dancing!

Road past this gal dressed as a mummy
that was jogging the other way
had on a pair of headphones
with an antenna in her hair,
she was singing Christmas Carols.

Oh the ride seemed to get more demented
the longer I pedaled,
encountering more and more insane people,
acting strange and peculiar.

Heard on my walkman
about the outbreak of the Swine Flu
can’t say it was the cause,
but next time I’m on that trail
think I’m taking a camera
because nobody going to believe
this wasn’t made up
or the result of bottle water
that I carry with me
somehow going bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home