Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Room To Cry

I dreamt of daze in utopia existence,
a place of floating visions
vividly flying through my brain.
The beauty of their passions
moving through the heart
and it was paradise
an amusement park for the mind,
one special charmed sanctuary
where I could thrive and feel alive,
glowing from the magic an power.

Problem is when you don’t have keys
when someone else owns the doors
who don’t care about your fantasies.

Then your guts get ripped out by the reality
this perfect place of blessing
was the joy of a first glance.

It died in fading thrums of thought
slipping away silently,
in the vacuum that remained
there was an emptiness.

What my mind and soul had as hope
became a chamber of ghosts
made by a medicine man dreamer
that lured me into that den
because I was hungry for the taste
of dreams spun into something I could hold.

All that linger in the disappointment
where the barker of happiness had fled
was a room to sob in solitude
paying the price another had
not worried would have to be paid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home