Thursday, May 26, 2011

Holding The Dream

Holding the dream through the frail excursion of promises
to let the heart hear the soft echoes in sweet assurance
that tomorrow our love won’t become a feigned truth,
a gossamer memory that fades from the fingers,
slowly left to hold the wind instead of a touch.

But I shall not let your night
fall into the crypt in loneliness,
left to dwell in the ache of only hearing words
and not feeling the gentle tremors linger
from those tender traces made upon you skin.

For my darling let our love be the fireplace,
which you sit by with flames from our times together
as the warmth that will not cool,
even though this moment keeps me distant,
it is only until I can once again hold you.

Nothing shall prevent my return,
no weather, time or test,
because you are the strength of my soul,
the only reason I have to even breathe.

So when you gaze into that emptiness
picture me there coming towards you,
and while the solitude holds you hostage
know that I will always come to your rescue
with your face my only light to keep me alive
until our arms once again can embrace in oneness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home